Friday, September 9, 2011

Where were you on 9-11?

On this ten year anniversary of September 11, 2001 - we honor those we've lost:



Where were you on 9/11/01 when the Twin Towers fell, when the Pentagon was attacked, and when Flight 93 heroically crashed into a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania?

I was holed up for the night in a desert motel with my then-boyfriend, Bryan John, as we were driving from Texas to California.  Our hearts broke as we watched the towers crumble one by one through the static of a cheap TV.  "Wait a minute!  I know people there!" was my first response.  Only three months prior I was working as a journalist for a financial publication in Manhattan that had since moved to the South Tower.  I left my beloved NYC when I was accepted into graduate school at UC-Irvine; my decision to move West protected me from being part of the 9-11 death toll.  The sober realization that I was one of the lucky ones is still bittersweet. 

I would love to hear your stories:  Where were you?  Did you lose anyone?  Feel free to tell your story on facebook or below. . .




May God Bless the families, friends, responders, co-workers and distant mourners of the fallen.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment