Wednesday, September 7, 2011

RIP Todd Brown


There is nothing more tragic, confusing and heart-wrenching than the untimely, unexpected death of someone who is at the beginning of his/her life.  Someone who represents the best that is in all of us.  Someone like Todd Brown.


On September 3, 2011 the world lost a very loyal, loving and funny 34 year old son, brother, husband, father of three and soldier named, Todd Brown.  Todd tragically passed on the banks of the Platte River in an ATV accident.  Originally from Schertz, Texas - he was stationed at Offutt Air Force Base in Bellevue, Nebraska.

Todd was a friend of mine from high school who I have watched grow from afar via Facebook.  I cannot think of Todd without a huge smile creeping across my face – his spirit was just that pure, that loyal and that infectious.  This site has allowed me to keep in contact with many of the folks from our high school, many of whom have emailed me regarding Todd’s funeral.  While I have not spoken to Todd (beyond the wires of the internet) in years, I did want post his funeral arrangements - which can be found below.

After losing my brother, Jon, I am well aware of how valuable memories and stories from others can be during the life-long process of grieving.  So, I want to encourage you to share your memories of Todd in the comments sections below, on Facebook or through the funeral home's obituary site


Funeral Service:
When:  Monday,  September 12, 2011
Time: 10am
Where:  Schertz Funeral Home
2217 FM 3009
Schertz, TX 78154
Ph:  210.658.9224

Burial Service (With Air Force Honors):
When:  Monday, September 12, 2011
Time:  12pm
1520 Harry Wurzbach Road
San Antonio, TX 78209
Ph:  210.820.3891
(The exact location of the burial will be available on Friday.)

Reception:
(Friends and Family)

When:  Monday, September 12, 2011
Time:  2pm
Where:   VFW Post 8315
1000 FM 78
Schertz, Texas 78154
Ph;  210.658.6325

**In lieu of flowers, the family requests that memorial contributions be made to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, 2224 Walsh Tarlton Lane, Suite 200, Austin, Texas 78746, and (800)880-9474.**



CLICK HERE for Todd's Obituary.

Rest in Peace, Sweet Todd.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my most memorable moments I have of Todd was him singing "We are the Champions" in high school at the Powder Puff football game over the stadium intercom. He was always the happiest, funniest, warmest person to be around. May God be with his family and friends through this difficult time.
-Renee York

Anonymous said...

Ah, Renee, I think that has to also be one of my favorite memories! I think many would agree to that :). After going through some old high school pictures, I now have to say "The Beastly Beauty Pageant" at Clemens in '94, I think?! Oh my GOSH! He was awesome in that curly, blond wig & black dress. That, and before I even got to high school. When I first moved back here, Jill Durham & Summer Smith were my best friends. And their older brothers, Brannon & Jeff happened to be Todd's best friends. So I spent many summer days getting either picked on or protected like a little sister from Todd & the boys. Once I moved to Oak Forrest, it just felt like family by that time. That little community was like a home in itself. Each of our homes taking turns to be weekend hang outs. He was always there. His memory and impact will always be there as well. What a guy!!!
~ Meghan Smith-Chamberlin

Anonymous said...

Not quite sure how appropriate it is to speak of, but my main memory of Todd was that he was my first kiss. I probably wasn't his, that was never talked about, but he was mine and as most girls know that boy always holds a special place in their heart. RIP, Todd. Toughts and prayers out to your family and friends. Gone to soon, but never forgotten.
~Aimie Hamilla McPhee

Anonymous said...

I too remember many of the high school events when Todd showed us how to laugh and smile, but I also remember as little children from kindergarten, playing together in class. I also remember in first grade, getting in trouble for taking his pencil. I tried to convince the teacher that it was mine so that I could keep it, even though it had his first name printed on it. "We are the Champions" for having been able to know Todd and for being able to share in these wonderful times. He blessed so many people with his spirit and his smile. Todd was a bright light in our lives and his memory will live on in so many hearts that were touch by his love!
~Carri Lea Byron-Carpenter

Anonymous said...

Todd was an amazing person - he had a way of making everyone laugh. I too remember the Powder Puff "We are the Champions" he sang - and MANY other fun times that include Todd.
We lost contact after school until about a year ago, by the powers of Facebook. I have to say hearing about his death hit me (and TONS of others) pretty hard. You never think this could happen to someone you know.
Todd will be missed, but I have MANY memories of him laughing and carrying on and having a good time. And I have no doubt that Todd is the same on the other side.
RIP Todd, you are gone to soon my friend, but your memory will live on! I send prayers of strength to his family and his many friends at this time.
Cari Crain - Johnson

Jeff Pinkerton said...

Todd, my dearest friend, you will be missed. I am honored to have called you my friend. The thousands of laughs we had through middle school, high school and college are what I will forever remember. If I ever needed a friend - you were right there to lend an ear and a good laugh.

My life was brighter because you were a part of it.

You will be missed, yet never forgotten. I will forever carry your memories, laughter and smile in my heart.

I send all my love to the Brown family in this tragic moment.

Jeff Pinkerton

Anonymous said...

Todd, I remember being stationed with you in Hawaii and the only thing I can think about how you always brought happiness and joy to everyone you came in contact with. My prayers and thoughts go out to your family. May God bless them and restore them. Rest in peace, my friend

Post a Comment