Sunday, August 7, 2011

God's Fencepost: Resigning From AHR


As many of you know, I have written quite a few articles for A Hollywood Republican over the past year.  I’m not a Republican, but jumped at the chance to explore the possibility of creating common ground; after all, we are all human beings prior to being labeled by our political choices.  My column ended up raising tens of thousands of dollars for charities and heightened awareness for otherwise obscure human interest issues.  I am very proud of all of our accomplishments. 
 
Over the last two months, some of the content written for the site has ventured into territory that completely contradicts the mission about which I have been called to write.

I see my country being torn apart by party politics and regurgitated rhetoric crafted by talking-head analysts looking for a book deal.  I see churches losing membership because of clergy who can’t keep their hands off children and members who, in a pious effort to tower over the “sinners of the world”, belittle and judge entire sections of our population.  I see God’s name being used as a weapon for hate, murder and judgment.  I’ve had enough. 

So with a few loyal readers and the faith of a mustard seed, I have decided to resign from my post and publish from a neutral platform – my own. 

Welcome to “The Independent Contributor.”




**There are a lot of folks out there who need a voice, so help us grow!  My articles are all archived on this page, so if you like what you see and are so inclined, feel free to “like” our Facebook page, “share” our link, or follow our site!  Thanks so much for your support!**

1 comments:

Ira Schwartz said...

As always you have me as a loyal follower. Ira

Post a Comment